Our baby boy is already one month old! While it still feels like we just brought him home from the hospital, it also feels like he’s always been with us. His presence in our lives has become our new normal, so much that I forget what our old normal was like.
Brax’s little body is still getting adjusted to the world. He’s been having a lot of issues with acid reflux which makes for one fussy and spitty baby and two tired parents. He’s been put on medication to help with this, and I’m adjusting my diet a bit too, so hopefully he’ll get some relief soon. Also because of his reflux, he makes snorting sounds all the time. Kinsie thinks his snorts are funny, and says that he sounds like a pig! She is still obsessed with him to the point that I have to tell her to give him some space! She especially loves holding him, kissing him, tickling him, bringing him toys, and helping give him baths.
Since summer weather has finally decided to show up, Brax has already been on several adventures. We go to my parents’ house often to swim, and if it’s not too hot outside, he likes to sit outside with us and watch his sister swim. He’s also already been to the lake a few times. He loved his first boat ride and watching us fish off the dock. I’m sure it won’t be long before Kinsie is teaching him how to fish!
Here is Brax at a glance at one month old:
- He currently weighs 8 lbs. 14 oz. (30th percentile)
- He loves sleeping curled up in a ball on his daddy’s chest.
- He has very strong legs and loves to kick them while I try to change his diaper. (Another future soccer player hopefully!)
- He has a very strong neck and great head control for his age.
- He can almost roll himself from his belly to his back.
- He loves his pacifier, but when he’s hungry, he swats it away like nobody’s business.
- He is very tolerant of his big sister being all over him and in his face all the time.
- He eats often, and spits up what seems like everything he ate.
- He snorts like a pig.
- He has lots of fun facial expressions…my personal favorite is his surprised face.
- Car rides relax him. He either falls asleep or sits calmly and looks out the window.
- He is not good at burping. Sometimes we’ll try to burp him for 30 minutes and get nothing from him. Sometimes when he does burp, he still spits up!
- He loves to be held.
- He is awake a lot more lately. (Kinsie LOVES when he’s awake!)
Happy one month, sweet boy! I can’t wait to see how you grow and change each month!
One thought on “One Month Old!”
Sent from Carl’s IPhone