I am in complete disbelief that my first baby is three years old! She is turning into one of the most amazing little people that I’ve ever known…and I know I may be a bit bias, but I’ve heard other people say it too! She is smart, goofy, wild, observant, curious…I could go on and on. Sometimes as I carry on conversations with her, I forget that she is just a toddler. The way her mind works amazes me and I learn and grow with her every day.
Here are some updates on my girl at three years old…
- Kinsie is going to preschool 3 full days a week.
- She is FINALLY potty trained! We started the process last December, and after a few months of little progress and lots of power struggles, I took a break. After Brax was born, she saw that he was a baby and he wore diapers, and she didn’t want to wear diapers anymore. Hallelujah!
- She is currently playing soccer for Westside United, and we plan to start her back up in gymnastics later this fall.
- Favorite color: pink
- Favorite animals: Hippos and dolphins
- Favorite books: Dino Soccer and Pinkalicious
- Favorite movies: Rio, Finding Nemo, and The Land Before Time
- Favorite food: PB&J, pickles, mac and cheese
- Favorite songs: Ring of Fire – Johnny Cash, Shut Up and Dance with Me – Walk the Moon, Can’t Stop this Feeling – Justin Timberlake, All Star – Smash Mouth, and Happy – Pharrell
- Favorite TV Show: Paw Patrol, Spongebob Squarepants
- Other loves: dinosaurs, swimming, fishing, playing with her cousins
- She knows all her colors and shapes
- She can count to 20 on her own, and higher with help
- She is getting much better at learning her individual letters.
- She is a beast at doing puzzles.
- She has an unbelievable vocabulary.
- She absolutely adores her baby brother.
Ryan was in Cincinnati for a month-long rotation from the end of August to the end of September. He has had very few days off, so most of our interaction with him has been via FaceTime. The kids and I lived with my parents during this time, which was such a blessing, but Kinsie really missed her daddy. On the morning of Kinsie’s birthday, she woke up and was a little bummed that we weren’t going to the lake for her dinosaur birthday party that day (another post for another day), and she was especially bummed that her daddy wasn’t home and that I couldn’t stay with her at preschool for her birthday. I truly believe it was a God thing that Ryan actually had Kinsie’s birthday off, so he drove home for the day, and I took a half day off work. We surprised her and picked her up early from school. I walked in first and she was happy to see me, then Ryan walked in behind me and she beamed and ran straight into her daddy’s arms! We took her to the park for a little while, but it was pretty hot out, so we left and went back to my parents’ house to swim. My mom watched Briggs that afternoon, so Kinsie was in her happy place swimming with her cousin, mommy and daddy. Brax was with Aunt Renata for the day, so it was nice to just have some quality Kinsie time. Later, we took Kinsie to Pizza King for dinner (her request). After dinner, we went to Orange Leaf. Our girl had a wonderful birthday!
Birthday muffins for breakfast!
Park and swimming fun
Pizza King and Orange Leaf. Brax was having fun too! 🙂
Happy third birthday my beautiful girl!
2 thoughts on “Kinsie is THREE!”
I just enjoy seeing what’s going on with the kids SO MUCH. Thanks. Gram Sue
Pingback: Our September | More Matthews