How is it possible that my baby boy is already 6 months old?! We are so in love with his happy little personality…we just can’t get enough of him. He is such a perfect addition to our family, and I can’t imagine our lives any other way.
This month, Brax has finally seemed to go through a growth spurt, which he needed. Unfortunately, this means that he hasn’t slept through the night for over a month now, even though he was sleeping through the night since he was about 3 months old. This has made me completely exhausted, but I am grateful that it is happening when Ryan is home. He has helped tremendously by taking the first shift of the night so I can get some sleep! Parenting is all about teamwork! We are hopeful that he’ll get back to normal soon. At least he’s cute, right?
Brax is OBSESSED with Kinsie. He could be entertained all day just by watching her. He is always smiling and laughing at her. Of course she just soaks it up! She loves entertaining him just as much as he loves her entertainment! I already love their relationship and I can’t wait to keep watching it develop.
Other stats about our boy at 1/2 year old…
- He weighs 15 lbs, 11 oz (25th percentile).
- He is 27 inches tall (70th percentile).
- He is able to sit up independently for a few minutes at a time.
- He just popped his first tooth!
- He has tried a variety of baby foods. His favorite is carrots.
- He can pivot and turn himself all over the place.
- He is in constant motion…when holding him, you have to hold on tightly or else he’ll dive right out of your arms.
- He still spits up constantly. The amount of dirty laundry (his and ours) he causes every day is impressive.
- He is always reaching and grabbing for things…especially whatever Kinsie has!
- He still has blue eyes. However, I don’t think they will stay blue.
- He is such a happy little boy. We are in LOVE with his smiles and giggles!
Half Birthday Celebration…
I’ve mentioned before that our family has a tradition of celebrating half birthdays…especially the first half birthday. In order to celebrate Brax’s 1/2 birthday, we had a family get-together with just our immediate family at our favorite place…the lake! Brax had a great time with family, presents, and a cake (well…he ate baby food, we enjoyed his cake!). Brax (just like his sister) isn’t the biggest fan of sleep, and I guess he was too excited to take a nap before his little party, so he was exhausted by the end of the night! It was a beautiful fall afternoon at the lake, and we all enjoyed ourselves!
Everyone enjoying Brax’s new toys!
We are so blessed to have this amazing little boy in our lives and we can’t wait to continue watching him grow!