And just like that…my little boy is 18 months old. He entered our lives a year and a half ago and changed them forever in the best way. He completely lights up all of our lives and he, and his sister of course, are the best little gifts God ever gave us.
Our little guy has grown up SO much since he turned a year old. He is walking, talking, dancing, even sassing. I love watching him change every day and watching him learn more about the world around him. Kinsie is still totally in love with her little brother and loves teaching him everything she knows. He has such a fun and spunky little personality that is so contagious.
Here are some stats about our Brax Man at 18 months old…
- He is 26 lbs, 13 oz. (63rd percentile) and 32 inches tall (34th percentile).
- He is obsessed with reading. Maybe even more than Kinsie if that’s possible. He will bring us book after book after book, then plop his little booty down right in our lap to listen to the book. He especially loves Sesame Street books.
- He is getting very verbal and is learning new words every day. Some of his first words included ball, book, Batman, and dog. He shortens most words to just one syllable…like “Mickey” becomes “Mick,” and apple becomes “app.” Some of my favorites of his words are banana (nana), and shoes (shh).
- He still loves playing with balls. He will spot a ball in any room, on any page of a book, or on any show.
- When we name a body part, he can point to it on his body. His belly is his favorite!
- He can name several animal sounds. His favorite animal sounds are elephants, cows, monkeys and pigs.
- He absolutely loves Mickey Mouse. On TV, in person, in books, in stuffed animals…he loves any form of Mickey!
- He is great at making messes, but loves to help clean up his messes.
- He watches EVERYTHING Kinsie does and wants to do it too.
- His favorite animals are elephants and monkeys. He also LOVES dogs.
- His favorite foods are bananas, applesauce, and pretty much anything with ketchup.
- He loves to snack throughout the day.
- He is a major mama’s boy, but still adores his daddy.
- He is very determined about what he wants and doesn’t want, and will make sure we know it.
This kid is so awesome. I can’t wait to keep watching him grow and learn! I can’t believe he’ll be two in 6 months!
One thought on “Our Brax Man at 18 Months”
It is fascinating to see them learn and grow.
Love ya, Gramma Sue