I am still in denial that my little boy is TWO! This creeped up on me quicker than I expected, and I’m not ready for it! Turning two is such a big year and they grow so much physically and developmentally during this year. He is looking and acting more and more like a little boy rather than a baby, but he is SO much fun! We love watching his little personality blossom more and more every day. He does many things so much like Kinsie (because he is her little shadow and does everything she does), but he also has his own little idiosyncrasies that make him unique. He is definitely a “second child” and knows how to stick up for himself when big sis is doing something he doesn’t like. He is all boy who loves to wrestle, be loud, crash into and destroy things. He makes us laugh every day, and we just adore squeezing him, hugging him, tickling him and snuggling with him.
Here are some fun facts about our precious little two year old…
- He gives the world’s best hugs…and we are not just biased. We’ve had several other people tell us this!
- Kinsie is his best friend. His favorite thing to do with her is tackle her and wrestle.
- He is obsessed with our dogs and spends a significant amount of time chasing Addie around the house.
- Some of his favorite activities include reading books, hiking, playing outside, playing ball, taking baths, and playing with trains and cars.
- He is pretty fearless. More so than what makes me comfortable!
- He is a major mama’s boy but also adores his Daddy… he screams out of excitement when he gets home from work.
- His vocabulary has exploded. He can say a lot of words and phrases…we just can’t always understand him! Kinsie is the best at translating for him. We always call him Joey because if you’ve seen the episode of “Friends” where Phoebe is try to teach Joey how to speak French, he gets it all wrong but is completely confident that he’s saying it right. This is so Brax when he talks!
- Favorite animals: gorillas, elephants, lions and alligators
- Favorite movie: Coco
- Favorite TV shows: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Bubble Guppies
- Favorite food: mini corn dogs and scrambled eggs
- Favorite books: “It’s Pumpkin Day, Mouse” and “Big Smelly Bear”
- Favorite song: The clean up song from Barney, and Poco Loco from the movie Coco
- He has improved tremendously with his separation anxiety (thank goodness!) He now loves going to his church class and does great with babysitters.
- He will start preschool (Mother’s Day Out) in September.
- He is a complete ball of sunshine. He is SO happy, giggly, and adorable. We literally cannot get enough of him! Kinsie will even attack him with kisses and say “I can’t help it…he’s just so cute!” Agreed!
Here is a video I made for Brax’s birthday so you can get a glimpse of the preciousness and chaos that I live with every day! Enjoy!
Happy 2nd birthday my sweet, precious boy. You will have our hearts forever!