Is this real life? It doesn’t seem real that my baby is going to be one year old in just one month. I feel like just within the last few days, she is looking so much less like a baby and more like a little girl. She has been making leaps and bounds in her physical and verbal development lately. She’s talking up a storm and clearly trying to communicate with us. She’s not walking yet but with all the standing and moving around she does, she’s definitely on her way. I started school at the beginning of the month and of course I miss her like crazy when I am gone…but one of my new favorite things is seeing her face when I come to pick her up. She lights up and crawls to me as fast as she can. I honestly never get tired of her presence. She could light up anyone’s day! How did Ryan and I get so lucky to be the parents of such an awesome little girl?!
Kinsie’s updates at 11 months old…
- She has 7 teeth
- She loves table food. Some of her favorite foods are avocados, carrots, and blueberry waffles
- She loves to stand up
- She likes to throw all of her toys out of the toy basket
- She knows “more” in sign language
- She can say “Uh-oh”
- She is constantly mimicking words we say (her newest favorite word to say is “polar bear”)
- She loves to roar like a monster
- She dances to a rhythm
- She loves to wave to people and always makes new friends at restaurants and stores
- She finally claps…but she learned around the same time as learning “more” in sign language, so she often claps when she wants more food
It doesn’t even seem real that in 2 months, my baby girl will be 1 year old! Hopefully in 2 months, I’ll be ready to accept that reality. Kinsie has hit a lot of milestones this past month. Lately she’s been acting less like a baby and more like a toddler. Yikes! She is constantly on the move…if I turn my back for 2 seconds, she is half way across the room getting into the dog’s food! She definitely keeps us busy every day, but she also knows how to keep us smiling!
At 10 months old, Kinsie…
- Can officially crawl…and never stops.
- Can pull herself up…and tries to every chance she gets.
- Can stand independently for up to 10 seconds.
- Has her third and fourth tooth.
- Knows what the word “no” means and doesn’t like it.
- Loves eating table food.
- Waves “hi” and “bye.”
- Can say “mama” and “dada.”
- Often screams when she’s happy…which causes her cousin Briggs to call her an ostrich.
- Sleeps with her butt up in the air.
- Loves reading stories before bed with her mom and dad.
This girl is just too much fun!
Our baby girl is 3/4 of a year old! Where has the time gone? Miss Kinsie Kay is as spunky and rambunctious as ever! I have been on summer break for over 2 weeks now, and I have loved every second of my time with her. Of course, she gets bored if we just hang around the house, so I try to take her on a few adventures a day. She enjoys any little trip whether it be the grocery store or the park or zoo. She is loving sleeping in and spending time with her mommy all day (at least I hope!) She is as happy as can be and is constantly smiling, babbling, and on the move!
At 9 months old….
- She can army crawl like a beast.
- She still only has 2 teeth, but has 4 more that are close to popping through.
- She rolls, scoots and sits up in her crib whenever we put her down to sleep.
- She likes to crawl up into our laps when playing on the floor.
- She likes to beat on things like a drum (perhaps this is the influence of Uncle Nate?)
- She loves to grunt, groan, roar, and make all kinds of other “monster” noises.
- Her happy place is in the pool.
- She looks just like mommy as a baby.
- She likes taking “big girl” stroller rides (without the car seat).
- She is the best shopping buddy and loves to sit in the shopping cart.
- She’s the best model for when mommy practices her photography.
- She is constantly moving and squirming and is surprisingly strong…which makes her mom and dad feel like they are wrestling an alligator all day!
Having fun during our photo shoot
Beautiful girl – her eyes are looking more and more like daddy’s!
We just can’t get enough of this little ball of sunshine!
I know I say this every time, but it is amazing how much Kinsie has developed in just a month’s time. She has become a WILD CHILD! She has such a rambunctious personality and she is constantly moving and talking. This girl is so much fun to be around. Even strangers can’t help but smile at her little happy face! Now that we are finally having pretty consistent warm weather, she has gotten to do more than just play inside…like go to the zoo and go swimming in Grandma’s pool. She is definitely an outdoorsy girl and loves to look at and explore everything she possibly can. Ryan and I fall more in love with our girl every day and are having so much fun watching her grow.
At 8 months old…
- She already gets into everything.
- She loves playing peek-a-boo.
- She gets bored with a toy quickly and needs to move on to something else.
- She pivots and barrel rolls to get where she wants to go.
- She is in the process of learning to crawl…just hasn’t perfected the motion yet.
- She is very fiesty and will try to escape any type of confinement.
- She loves to swim in the pool and blow bubbles in the water.
- She is very quick at grabbing things, like her daddy’s glasses.
- She and her cousin Briggs love to read books together and laugh at each other.
- She and her cousin Kerigan like to grab each other’s toys, pacifiers, hands and toes.
- She is happy even when she is sick.
- She is obsessed with tags of any kind.
- She is still fascinated by animals.
- She LOVES being outside.
Loving her visit to the zoo
Our happy girl
Our beautiful baby girl is 7 months old! How is that even possible?! Watching her grow has been the greatest experience of my life. I feel so blessed that I get to be her mom and hang out with her every day. She is honestly so much fun to be around, and her smile and laugh are contagious! Here is the update on our little bug:
- She can finally sit up on her own.
- She loves to be held all the time, but has to be walking around.
- She loves going to church every Sunday.
- She sometimes rolls over in her sleep, which makes her mom nervous.
- She isn’t crawling yet, but rolls, pivots, and scoots backwards.
- Her eyes are starting to change from blue to hazel.
- She often gets nervous and cries when she meets new people.
- She has liked all solids that she’s tried except for bananas. Her favorites are pears and apples.
- She likes to throw her toys around and bang them against things.
- She LOVES hanging out with her cousins.
- She laughs all the time.
- She is becoming more and more of a cuddler.
Our sweet baby is 6 months old! In one way I feel like time has flown by, but on the other hand, I don’t remember what life was like before she was here. Every day, she continues to amaze us with her awesome little personality. We could not be more in love with our sweet girl!
Here an update on our little 6-month-old:
- She now has 2 teeth (which both popped out within the same week).
- She loves to watch birds.
- She can roll from her back to her belly (and does so constantly).
- She can’t crawl yet, but she can pivot in circles and scoot backwards.
- She like to sleep on her side.
- She is doing great with solid foods – so far she’s tried rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, sweet potatoes, apples and carrots.
- She makes yummy noises when she eats solids.
- She is always discovering new noises to make with her mouth.
- She has had a few moments of separation anxiety – yikes!
- We wouldn’t be surprised if she started crawling very soon.
There are so many beautiful moments to share from the past 6 months with our little bug, so I figured the most efficient way to do that was through a video. Enjoy!
It is absolutely amazing to see how much our little girl grows every single day. She is developing a personality that Ryan and I are just completely in love with. She makes us laugh constantly and her smiles alone make it worth getting up every day. She is seriously such a happy little girl, which makes me a very happy mama. It is very obvious that she already enjoys learning, which her teacher mom and med student dad definitely appreciate! With this horrible weather we’ve had, we obviously can’t go outside much, and she gets bored with our house and her own stuff, so we’ve been taking her on little trips like to Orange Leaf, or Dick’s Sporting Goods. She loves going to new places and looking at everything she possibly can. She is so curious and always seems to be trying to find something to get her hands on. I have a feeling she will be quite the mischievous toddler! We are falling more and more in love with our sweet Kinsie Kay every single day, and I can’t believe we made such an amazing little person!
This last month has brought a lot of fun new habits and personality quirks from our love bug. Here is what she is up to at five months old…
- She likes to touch faces.
- She has experienced her first stomach flu and passed it to mommy and daddy.
- She is very curious and wants to see and touch everything.
- She is becoming interested in food that she sees and will be trying solid foods very soon.
- She smiles when she meets new people.
- She is a pro at leg lifts.
- She seems to really like giraffes.
- She could watch her cousin Briggs play all day long.
- She loves to hang out with her cousin Kerigan.
- She still loves fish, but isn’t satisfied just looking at the aquarium anymore, but now tries to find a way inside.
- She wants to grab EVERYTHING.
- She has discovered her voice and likes to test her vocal ranges constantly.
- She likes to pet her dog Addie.
- She thinks daddy is hilarious.
Her 5 month photo shoot definitely reflects her personality!
Just hanging out in the reading corner in mom’s classroom
Getting all her fishing gear for this summer!