How is my little boy almost one? I know I sound so cliche right now but it is going so fast! I feel like he was a newborn yesterday…yet I don’t remember what life was like before he was born. He has wiggled his way perfectly into our little family and adds the perfect touch to us. He is so stinking cute and happy and he melts my heart every single day. I wish I could attach a permanent GoPro camera to him so I could record everything he does, because everything he does is so cute! He has brought so much joy to our family and I am so grateful to God for letting this incredible little boy be mine.
Here is an update on our Braxy boy at 11 months…
- He is done with baby food. He eats just table food now. He is an eating MACHINE. He loves food. Any food. All food. We have yet to find a food that he doesn’t like. He tends to like meat and grains the most. Some of his favorites include avocados, Cheerios, and hot dogs.
- He can throw a ball. Playing catch is his favorite activity!
- He has 6 teeth.
- He waves ALL the time. It is the CUTEST thing EVER. He waves to anyone and everyone!
- He is a Daddy’s boy lately. He still loves Mama, but he gravitates more toward Daddy and always wants him to hold him.
- He loves to try to bite people. He thinks it is hilarious.
- He can say Dada and Mama…and we THINK he recognizes us with those words.
- He still thinks Kinsie is hilarious. If she laughs, he laughs. She tackles and squeezes him all the time and usually he loves it.
- He doesn’t understand the word “no” yet…we are working on it.
- Although he doesn’t know what “no” means, he always shakes his head no!
- He can stand by himself for a few seconds.
- We call him “Stitch” (from the movie Lilo and Stitch) because all he wants to do is destroy everything!
- He LOVES to be outside.
Kinsie loves entertaining her brother!
Happy 11 months, Brax! Next update you will be ONE!
How did this happen? It feels like she JUST turned three…then suddenly I blinked and she is halfway to FOUR! We have noticed a huge difference in her lately…she is so grown up! All of the sudden she isn’t a toddler anymore, but a little girl. Every day, we continue to be blown away by our daughter. She is such an amazing little girl and she is SO much fun to be around. She has a tender, sweet, gentle side, yet she is spunky, sassy and crazy. I love every part of her and I love getting to see her change and grow each day.
Here is a glimpse of my girl at three and a half…
- She LOVES to learn. She can recognize all of her numbers and letters, and loves learning how to write them.
- She can spell and write her name.
- She can do very simple addition.
- She LOVES to read. We read a ridiculous amount of books each day, and her teachers at school say that all she does at school is read. She memorizes a lot of her favorite books, so then she can “read” them to Brax.
- She is currently playing soccer and doing a gymnastics class.
- Favorite animal: hippos
- Favorite color: pink
- Favorite movies: Moana and Trolls
- Favorite books: Dr. Seuss books
- Favorite food: protein bars and pickles
- Her favorite people to hang out with are her cousins and her brother.
Happy half birthday, my beautiful girl!
Holy cow…my little boy is going to be a year old in only 2 months!! My goodness though…he is such an awesome kid. He never stops moving, he is constantly getting into things that he’s not supposed to, he exhausts me beyond explanation, but he is absolutely the BEST thing that has ever happened to us.
Here is the breakdown of our Braxy boy at 10 months old…
- His eyes are starting to turn brown(ish).
- He can walk by himself with his walking toy.
- He has 4 new teeth!
- He is an eating machine. He LOVES table food…scrambled eggs, pears, crackers, waffles…you name it, he loves it.
- He is starting to enjoy being read to, rather than just trying to escape or eat the book.
- He HATES being contained. While in his high chair or car seat, he tries to bust out like the Hulk.
- He is starting to use a sippy cup.
- His spitting up is continuing to improve, and he is officially off of his acid reflux medication…yay!
- He just switched to a convertible car seat.
- He loves standing at the front door and greeting everyone as they come in.
- His favorite things to play with right now are coasters and the magnet letters on the fridge.
Kinsie continues to be tested as Brax becomes bigger and more mobile. He always tries to grab whatever she is playing with, and he loves to get a handful of her hair! She is still learning how to treat (and not treat) her brother…and some days are better than others (being stuck in the house all day certainly doesn’t help!). Regardless, Kinsie is still one of Brax’s favorite people! He still thinks she is hilarious, and she still loves entertaining him and loving on him every chance she gets!
Ok my baby…you can slow down on growing any day now!
The older my son gets, the more obsessed with him I become. He is becoming such an awesome little boy. He is already so much fun to hang out with. He completely exhausts me because he is CONSTANTLY moving, but I chase him around with a smile on my face and a heart full of love. His sweet little smile not only melts the hearts of those who know and love him, but even strangers that see him when we are out and about. Everyone he comes in contact with can’t help but smile back at him. He has made some major developmental strides this month and he is reaching milestones much quicker than his big sister did. He is already a little dare devil…trying to crawl, climb, and stand anywhere he can…and if he falls, he rarely cries, but instead gets right back up and is at it again!
Our Braxy Boy’s 9 month updates:
- He is 18 lbs, 6 oz (25th percentile) and 28.5 inches long (75th percentile).
- He is a pro at pulling up. He wants to do it ALL THE TIME.
- He loves eating table food…especially mixed veggies.
- He loves to make raspberry noises while eating baby food…resulting in a baby food shower for me at every meal.
- He waves bye-bye (and it’s the most precious thing ever).
- He can shake his head no.
- He is obsessed with bath time with big sis.
- He is talking more and more.
- He is still a mama’s boy.
- His favorite things to play with are all the fake kitchen food and dishes (particularly the chicken leg and the carrot).
- He loves the “Hot Dog Song” on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
- He loves to stand and climb on everything…everywhere…all the time.
A common view of my little mama’s boy…
The progression of sibling story time
Kinsie and Brax are still the best of buddies. She (usually) plays very well with him, but is still learning that if her toys on are the floor, they are free game for him. I love the way she talks to him and she LOVES making him laugh (as you’ll see in the following video)
Seriously though…I’m obsessed! Happy 9 months Braxy boy!
My little man is 7 months old! Now I feel like the months are really flying by because we are so busy. Some days I think that I still have a newborn baby, then I look at him and am quickly reminded how big he is! Our little guy is growing right before our very eyes but we are all loving every minute of it!
Kinsie and Brax are becoming the best of friends. Don’t get me wrong, they have always been tight…but now he is so much more interactive and Kinsie loves that. They adore each other and already have their own little language. I absolutely love their relationship!
Our boy Brax at 7 months…
- He is army crawling like a beast. He is all over the place and can get somewhere fast if he is on a mission.
- He has 2 teeth.
- He weighs approximately 17 pounds.
- He is finally sleeping through the night again.
- Trying to change his diaper or clothes is like a wrestling match. I have to pin down all his limbs in order to win.
- He loves bath time.
- His favorite things to put in his mouth are his feet, Kinsie’s hair, and the jingle bell that he got from Santa on the Polar Express.
- He is still SO smiley and giggly.
We are loving every day with our beautiful babies. We are SO blessed!
How is it possible that my baby boy is already 6 months old?! We are so in love with his happy little personality…we just can’t get enough of him. He is such a perfect addition to our family, and I can’t imagine our lives any other way.
This month, Brax has finally seemed to go through a growth spurt, which he needed. Unfortunately, this means that he hasn’t slept through the night for over a month now, even though he was sleeping through the night since he was about 3 months old. This has made me completely exhausted, but I am grateful that it is happening when Ryan is home. He has helped tremendously by taking the first shift of the night so I can get some sleep! Parenting is all about teamwork! We are hopeful that he’ll get back to normal soon. At least he’s cute, right?
Brax is OBSESSED with Kinsie. He could be entertained all day just by watching her. He is always smiling and laughing at her. Of course she just soaks it up! She loves entertaining him just as much as he loves her entertainment! I already love their relationship and I can’t wait to keep watching it develop.
Other stats about our boy at 1/2 year old…
- He weighs 15 lbs, 11 oz (25th percentile).
- He is 27 inches tall (70th percentile).
- He is able to sit up independently for a few minutes at a time.
- He just popped his first tooth!
- He has tried a variety of baby foods. His favorite is carrots.
- He can pivot and turn himself all over the place.
- He is in constant motion…when holding him, you have to hold on tightly or else he’ll dive right out of your arms.
- He still spits up constantly. The amount of dirty laundry (his and ours) he causes every day is impressive.
- He is always reaching and grabbing for things…especially whatever Kinsie has!
- He still has blue eyes. However, I don’t think they will stay blue.
- He is such a happy little boy. We are in LOVE with his smiles and giggles!
Half Birthday Celebration…
I’ve mentioned before that our family has a tradition of celebrating half birthdays…especially the first half birthday. In order to celebrate Brax’s 1/2 birthday, we had a family get-together with just our immediate family at our favorite place…the lake! Brax had a great time with family, presents, and a cake (well…he ate baby food, we enjoyed his cake!). Brax (just like his sister) isn’t the biggest fan of sleep, and I guess he was too excited to take a nap before his little party, so he was exhausted by the end of the night! It was a beautiful fall afternoon at the lake, and we all enjoyed ourselves!
Everyone enjoying Brax’s new toys!
We are so blessed to have this amazing little boy in our lives and we can’t wait to continue watching him grow!
Our boy Brax is 5 months old now! I feel like this month he is really seeming less like a newborn and more like a baby. His little personality is really shining through, and he is becoming much more interactive with us (Kinsie is loving it!)
Updates at 5 months:
- Brax is discovering his voice by squealing and squawking all day long.
- He is starting to have a more consistent bedtime and is (usually) sleeping through the night very well.
- He still spits up all the time. He doesn’t seem bothered by it though!
- He is possibly teething. We haven’t felt any teeth pop through yet, but he is slobbering everywhere and chewing on things like there’s no tomorrow.
- He is starting to get distracted while eating…therefore, he and I usually have to go in another room for his meals (this is a bit harder to do if its just me and the kids!)
- He is rolling from his back to his belly ALL THE TIME. As soon as we lay him on his back, he flips within seconds.
- He loves it when Kinsie talks to him and he laughs at everything she does.
- He has had his first solid foods. So far he has tried pears and peaches and he loves them both. Kinsie loves feeding him his baby food!
- He is now sleeping in his crib exclusively.
- He enjoys his Baby Einstein bouncer.
I wonder how long they will love on each other like this!
Happy 5 months, my sweet boy!