My baby is one. ONE. How is this already true? I feel like he was born YESTERDAY. I went back and read his birth story today and cried and wallowed in my nostalgia. I remember every last detail about the evening before and the morning he was born. The intense thunderstorm that cleared the roads for us to drive to the hospital, my water breaking as soon as I crawled into bed, feeling completely exhausted and attempting to “rest” but not being able to because I was SO anxious…but most importantly, meeting my boy. My beautiful, perfect, 7 lb. 15 oz. baby boy that I waited not just 9 months, but my entire life to meet. I cannot believe that it was a year ago that we became a family of four. A year ago, my sweet little boy came into this world and wiggled his way right into our hearts.
Brax is very busy these days. He is always on the move and learning new things. Here are his ONE YEAR updates…
- He is 22 lbs, 8 oz. (70th percentile) and 29.5 inches tall. (50th percentile)
- He has 8 teeth. He doesn’t use them as much for chewing food as much as biting his loved ones. He finds it hilarious. We don’t.
- He can stand independently for up to a minute…probably longer. It only happens when he is distracted and doesn’t realize he is doing it.
- Some of his favorite hobbies include playing catch, eating, yelling, and wrestling with his sister.
- He loves to clap his hands.
- He loves to dance.
- He hates naps (how did we get 2 children who hate sleep?)
- He is learning to talk more and more every day. He mainly says “mom” and “dad,” but he loves babbling, yelling and hearing his own noises at a very loud decibel!
- He loves touch and feel books, and even tries to touch the pages on non-touch and feel books.
- Some of his favorite foods include blueberry waffles and mac and cheese.
- He is learning what “no” means. You can see the little wheels turn in his head when we teach him when he shouldn’t do something. (Like eat dog food)
- He is super ticklish…especially his toes.
- He still loves bath time. As soon as we start the bath water, he books it to the bathroom and tries to climb in by himself.
- He loves chasing the dogs and trying to grab their tail and paws. Koda runs away, Addie just licks his face.
- Nobody can make him laugh as much as Kinsie can…they are the best of buddies and partners in crime!
To my sweet, one-year-old boy, Braxton…
I can’t believe you are one year old! We have all LOVED getting to know you throughout the last year. Every day, we learn more about you and fall in love with you even more. You are a crazy, loud, little ball of energy with an award-winning smile, making it impossible not to smile back. You haven’t let me have much quality sleep in the last year, and one day at home with you puts more steps on my Fitbit than if I ran the mini marathon…but I wouldn’t trade any of it for anything in the world. Your sister may pester you constantly, but she is your biggest fan. She loves having a little sidekick and putting on a show for you to make you smile. Your dad and I are obsessed with your sweet personality, and your precious giggle is our favorite sound in the world. We can’t wait to watch you continue to learn and grow into a little boy and see what amazing things you accomplish. I thank God every day for the amazing blessing that you are. I am so grateful to be your mom!